Waco Will Attorney
Drafting & Contesting a Last Will & Testament
A will, formally referred to as a Last Will and Testament, is a legal document that describes one’s final wishes. A will may include stipulations regarding one’s estate and how it is to be distributed amongst beneficiaries: dependents, family members, friends, and charities. One may also assert one’s wishes regarding the care of minor children or family members with special needs, as well as include special stipulations regarding burial or funeral arrangements. With a legally sound will, one can experience peace of mind in knowing that one’s wishes will be carried out to the letter when one passes on.
If you would like to talk about drafting a will or have questions regarding contesting a will during probate proceedings, a Waco will lawyer at Rainey & Rainey may be able to help. Our attorneys have more than four decades of legal experience and a strong commitment to protecting our clients’ rights in all matters related to elder law, estate planning, and probate.
Call Rainey & Rainey today at (254) 826-8151 to get started.
Why Should I Create a Will?
There are many benefits one can experience by creating a will:
- Prevent family members from fighting over specific items or heirlooms.
- Make sure specific loved ones are taken care of when you pass on.
- Help make assets immediately available to your dependents.
- Avoid having the court distribute your assets as it sees fit, instead of in accordance with your wishes.
- Assign custody of your minor children or other dependents.
- Ensure your exact wishes are carried out after you pass.
Do not let your wishes and rights be jeopardized by an invalid will. Work with a Waco will attorney at our firm and feel better knowing that your Last Will and Testament will hold up in probate court.
Contact our firm at (254) 826-8151 to learn more!