If you are a Veteran and need to pursue benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for your disability or age-related condition, Waco VA benefits attorney P. James Rainey can help. Attorney Rainey served as a JAG officer in the U.S. Army Reserve for 10 years and Attorney Moline served over 10 years in the Air Force. They are committed to helping Veterans obtain the benefits they are entitled to.
You have served your country honorably, and now it is time for your country to help you. Rainey & Rainey handles non-service connected pension, aid and attendance claims, and service-connected disability claims for Veterans in Waco and across Central Texas. If you want to learn more about the claims process and how to apply, you can call our offices to talk to a friendly and knowledgeable professional.
Call our firm at (254) 826-8151 today!
Non-Service Connected Pension for Veterans
Veterans who meet certain age or disability requirements may be able to receive benefits in the form of a VA pension. The amount of money you are entitled to receive will vary depending on your countable income and whether you have any dependents. If you are eligible for basic pension but are confined to your home or require in-home care, you may be able to file an aid and attendance claim to receive pension at an increased rate.
To be eligible for non-service connected pension, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must not have been discharged under dishonorable conditions;
- You must have served 90+ days of active duty with at least 1 day served during wartime;
- Your countable income must be below the maximum annual pension rate;
- You must meet net worth limitations; and
- You must be 65 years of age or older, have a permanent and total non-service connected disability, be a patient in a nursing home, or be receiving Social Security Disability benefits.
Applying for VA pension can be difficult, and you may have trouble with a delayed or denied claim if information is missing or is inaccurate. A Waco VA pension lawyer can provide the counsel you need to properly file your application and handle a denial so you can begin receiving the benefits you need.
To learn more, call Rainey & Rainey at (254) 826-8151.