Special Needs Planning Attorneys in Georgetown, TX
Effective Legal Strategies & Dedicated Representation
Our seasoned lawyers at Rainey & Rainey, Attorneys at Law, LP understand how important it is to have a comprehensive plan in place to make sure a loved one with special needs is prepared for the future. The lawyers at our firm have experience and are familiar with a wide variety of legal matters related to special needs planning. Our well-qualified legal team is prepared to use our extensive knowledge of the law to represent your best interests by drafting a special needs plan that works for your situation.
If your goal is to ensure a special needs individual in your life is protected in the future, then please give us a call today at (254) 826-8151 so we can answer your questions and address any concerns you may have.
What to Include in a Special Needs Plan
When clients come to us to assist with their special need planning, we generally recommend including the following key elements:
- Draft an estate plan that covers the specific needs of the special needs individual so they have quality care if you unexpectedly pass away.
- Establish a special needs or supplemental needs trust. Having a trust set up for the special needs individual will help them avoid losing eligibility for Social Security Income or Medicaid due to income requirements.
- Include your disabled or special needs loved one in your will. Make sure you specify who is responsible for caring for them after your death.
- Come up with a strategy to pursue state and federal benefits that might be an option for your loved one.
- Discuss Able accounts and how they might fit with your estate plan for your loved one.
- Discuss guardianship and powers of attorney.
Get Started Making a Special Needs Plan Today
Rainey & Rainey, Attorneys at Law, LP is ready to use our legal resources and years of experience to help you plan a better future for a special needs individual in your life. Our lawyers proudly serve clients throughout Georgetown, TX, and we can create a strategy tailored to your unique situation. Stop by our office today to discuss your options under the law.
To request a case consultation with a lawyer at our firm, please give us a call today at (254) 826-8151.